The Best 5 Watch Winders of All Time
Watch winders are practical and beneficial devices that can be used to keep self-winding or automatic watches running even when you are not wearing it. Automatic watches use a moving weight in its mechanism to wind itself. The weight swings or rotates when the watch is worn. If you are not wearing the watch, it won’t receive power and eventually stop working.
You can wind automatic watches manually, but this also means you need to keep winding the device to keep the time right. Watch winders hold and move automatic watches in a circular pattern to imitate the parts of human movement that’s required to operate the self-winding mechanism of the watch. Here are 5 of the best watch winders that you can find today.
1. OLYMBROS Wooden Double Rotors Watch Winder
- The exterior is made of natural hard wood with a glossy mirror finish. The interior is made of high quality carbon fiber.
- Five program settings allow you to choose the one that fits your needs.
- Quiet motor
- Excellent customer service
- Comes with lifetime technical support and 1-year warranty
- Dual power supply and 3 C-size batteries
- Equipped with LED blue light that can illuminate the case
The OLYMBROS Wooden Double Rotors Watch Winder is a stylish and durable watch. It allows you to wind four watches at the same time. The watch winder uses a Japanese Mabuchi motor that works quietly. If you sell or love collecting watches, the OLYMBROS Wooden Double Rotors Watch Winder might just be what you need.
2. Heiden Battery Powered Double Watch Winder
- Backed by a 1-year warranty
- Has a spacious interior space and spring action pillow to hold different watch sizes
- On/off push button makes using the device easy
- Can be powered by the included AC adapter or batteries
- Can turn counterclockwise, clockwise or both
- Some customers find the quality of the product questionable.
The Heiden Battery Powered Double Watch Winder has user-friendly settings that allow you to set direction and turns per day for every watch holder. The push button turns the winder on and off. The spring action watch pillow can also hold various wrist sizes. The large interior space can hold large size watches. The winder comes with a microfiber cleaning cloth, matte black storage box and microfiber storage bag. It can accommodate 2 watches at the same time. The winder can be powered by an AC adapter or batteries. It also looks sleek with its clear display top and black leather cover with white stitching.
3. WOLF 270302 Heritage Single Watch Winder
- Counts the exact number of rotations
- Equipped with chrome finished hardware, one winding mode, glass cover, lock in cuff and two-piece watch storage
- The winder can do 900 turns every day. It can wind counterclockwise, clockwise or both directions.
- Backed by a 2-year warranty
- Can be powered by a universal power adaptor or batteries
- It “rests” often that your watch might run down. You need to change the time every time you wear your watch.
The WOLF 270302 Heritage Single Watch Winder has a glass front cover and faux leather exterior. It has control knobs and chrome clasp closures. The winder also offers start delay options. The newly designed watch cuff can accommodate a wide range of wrist sizes and heavier watches.
4. CRITIRON Automatic Watch Winder
- Can wind up to two watches at the same time in a counterclockwise, clockwise or auto alternate direction
- Made of natural hard wood with a glossy mirror finish for long lasting beauty and durability
- Front compartments provide additional watch storage
- The winder can be powered by batteries or AC adapter
- Front lock has a key to protect your watch
- Backed by a 12-month warranty
- Some customers complained that the product arrived with no key and power adapter.
The CRITIRON Automatic Watch Winder can help you maintain your watch and keep it ticking even while you are not wearing it. The winder is particularly beneficial for automatic perpetual calendar timepieces. It has four mode timers, so you can pick the one that fits your needs.
5. WOLF 270202 Heritage Triple Watch Winder
- Can do 900 turns every day and count the exact number of rotations
- You can choose from three winding modes
- Equipped with a lock in cuff, glass cover and chrome finished hardware
- Can be powered by a universal power adapter or battery
- Comes with a 2-year warranty
- Poor customer service
The WOLF 270202 Heritage Triple Watch Winder can fit larger and heavier timepieces thanks to its new watch cuff. It has a glass front cover, control knobs as well as chrome clasp closures. The winder looks sleek with its faux leather exterior and fabric interior. It operates on Lithium or D-Cell alkaline batteries or 3.3V adapter.